Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sykes Stories

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sykes Stories

    Was just listening to a disgruntled customer service call and thought it might be cool for former (and current) Sykes employees to share some of their favorite calls. Here goes mine:

    I was hired in the 2nd training class, so when I started, there weren't that many people on the floor. We used to get prank phone calls all the time, but this one I got, I never could tell whether it was a prank or this person was drunk, or just this stupid. Anyway, this woman called in and she just got her DSL self install kit and was beside herself because she didn't know what to do. I thought I'd be a good egg and try to help her some, even though that wasn't my department. The crowning glory came when she said the instructions say to insert the installation disc...she said she kept pushing the button on the "computer thingy", but all that would happen was that a "cupholder" would pop out!

    Along the same lines, had a guy one night, asked him if he had a firewall, he said yes, his house was fireproof.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sykes Stories

    Spent three hours talking to a woman one night about a huge head that was blocking the registration page.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sykes Stories

    Always ask if they have checked their ID-10-T cable.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sykes Stories

    Well this isnt about a call But i have always heard if 1 half of a couple start working there they wont be a couple for long.
    GO VOLS

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sykes Stories

    I don't know what it is about that place that brings out the carnal nature in people. One of the first team managers up there got fired for having sex with her husband on one of the desks back in the Operations department. When I worked back there, we always had a running joke where someone would say "don't sit there"...you would know why.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •